Whenever we get behind the wheel of a car, we put our lives at risk to some extent. We do our best to be responsible on the road, but we can never count on other drivers to do the same. Due to this uncertainty and the high cost of errors, all of us are likely to experience an injury after a car accident at some point. It is not uncommon to experience headaches after a car accident of any magnitude. Fortunately, Insight Health & Wellness offers chiropractic care that can help with pain management after such an event.
Common Types of Headaches
Headaches that are caused by an automobile accident usually come in the form of migraines or tension headaches.
- Migraines: These are acutely painful and feel as if someone is pounding on the inside of your skull. Migraines can become chronic, but they can be successfully treated in a number of ways.
- Tension Headaches: This type of headache can be mild to severe. They tend to occur when the muscles of the scalp, face, or neck are persistently tense. Automobile accidents and their consequences can cause musculoskeletal misalignments that can set off tension headaches. They can also be caused by stress.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches After a Car Accident
There are many reasons why headaches can begin or worsen after an auto accident. It all depends on your unique health status, the nature of the impact, and more. The good news is that the chiropractic care our team offers can help.
If your headaches are severe, interfere with your everyday life, and you believe they were set off by a car accident, the first thing you should do is see your general practitioner. He or she will recommend a specialist if necessary. If you've already been through these steps, your chiropractor can help in a number of ways.
- Non-Invasive: All chiropractic treatments are minimally invasive to completely non-invasive. This means pain reduction is achieved with zero to few side effects for more effective healing.
- Tension Reduction: Reducing tension and swelling can be achieved with a range of techniques from massage therapy to inflammation reduction through true cellular detoxification.
- Auto Injury: Auto injury treatments include corrective treatment, evaluations, exams, physical rehab, spine and posture screenings, x-rays, and more.
Contact Insight Health & Wellness in Philadelphia, PA
Your chiropractor will work with you closely to manage your pain symptoms and develop a care plan that is specifically tailored to your needs. Get in touch today to learn more and work with a leading team of chiropractic experts in Philadelphia, PA. Our caring support staff at Insight Health & Wellness is eager to answer your questions.